Thursday, January 30, 2014

Skinny Jeans for Men

Most of men think that when a fashion product is addressed with the "skinny" as part of the title, then it's way too feminine for them. Well, at some point, it's true. One reason, is because the term "skinny" is strongly related to those legging-like jeans (in term of jeans fashion, because this is what I'm going to talk about in this post). The other reason that I can think of is; skinny jeans aren't for every guy.

But that is only what men have in their mind, and if you do know men the way that I do, you can correlate their way of thinking, because of the lack of fashion topic when it comes to a talk in the bar. The real issue is because jeans manufacturer all over the world have been trying to push their jargon on us, instead of agreeing on a common fit language.

Let's define "skinny".


Some brands stick to this word, while others are willingly to choose the word "slim" instead. But somehow it as if they don't mean the word they have chosen. My boy-friend (a friend of mine) bought a "slim" jeans that fit like a second skin on him, it was super tight.

In other occasions, I realize that nowadays, men are more savvy and are more conscious about their figure. When I say figure, I don’t mean the type you get from body building. Let say, that skinny jeans are for those men who are younger than 30, have slender -- waif-like build in order to wear a pair of skinny jeans -- and hang-out with the right crowd (for the style).
There is a thin line between a finely fitted pair of jeans and a pair of pants that could be mistaken for spandex. Some crossed that line.

Skinny jeans aren’t for-women-only anymore. In fact, I think that the number of men who are wearing skinny jeans are increasing so much that it will not be long until there is a one is to one ratio of men wearing skinny jeans and of women who are wearing the same style of jeans.

No comments:

Post a Comment